Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

GFWR4800F0WW washing machine, Laundry load in machine and

Customer Question

GFWR4800F0WW washing machine, Laundry load in machine and water in machine. Machine plugged in, GFI light on showing power to machine. Machine will not turn on with power button. Machine will not finish cycle.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

See if it will go into diagnostic mode. TEST #21 is the last error code let me know.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I find no diagnostic test mode on the washer panel. It is not showing power on in any case.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have followed the instructions starting with the RINSE key. Nothing happened. This is not surprising because, as I told you, there is no power to the washing machine.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Correction: there is power to the washing machine plug, but the machine will not turn on.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I clicked on the button to review the response mentioned in your 12:43PM e-mail. There is nothing new here.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You obviously have no intention of dealing with this problem. Bye.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

If the control is totally dead and will not power on at all but you are certain the outlet is live, there are two boards that are suspect, see the attached pages from the service manual. Do you have a meter to test voltage with?