Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

We have a Quasar Model HQ2062AW in-wall air conditioner that

Customer Question

Hi! We have a Quasar Model HQ2062AW in-wall air conditioner that is leaking. When I take off the front cover, it appears to be the result of condensation on the copper tubes feeding into the fins or grill to the left -- the tubes are dripping into a space that doesn't seem to have a drain hole. Why is this happening, and what can I do to fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Normally that would mean the unit is way out of level. You should make sure the unit is sitting level in the wall. Also if the unit is not sealed well you can get excessive condensation that will form on some tubing and drip during extremely high humid times. So make sure it is sealed decent as well.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
When you refer to sealing the unit, what do you mean? Do you mean caulking where the chassis goes into the wall, or is there some kind of internal seal?

Yes caulk, insulation or sealant yes

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK, one last follow-up. How do I move the unit out of the wall? I am wondering both about the actual unit and the outer cabinet. I don't see any screws holding it in place, but I can't budge either part. Thanks.

That should be a sleeve unit that just pulls out. You may have to pop the front grill off and look for any mounting screw to the sleeve but it normally will just slide out.