Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My fridge is not working correctly, the alarm sounded, and

Customer Question

My fridge is not working correctly, the alarm sounded, and the display does not work. It seems to have shut off, but the light is still on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

What is the complete model off the tag on the frame of the unit? Normally the model number is ***** a tag on the frame edge when you open the door or back edge of a console.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
model number VCSB4233SSSERIAL NUMBER 042304G0000000854
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it was working fine and then the alarm sounded a little while ago, i checked the fridge and freezer and both are not at full capacity, the display is also not working
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Everything is melting

OK on that unit often the main board fails then kills power to the display and everything, you can try to shut the breaker off to the unit for a minute and turn it back on if it does not come back to life you will need a new main board 100%...happens a lot on the Viking units. Move your items to another unit or cooler as you will not be able to get this part fast either. It will likely take 3-5 days minimum to get.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!