Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My dryer will start then you hear the tumbler stop and then

Customer Question

My dryer will start then you hear the tumbler stop and then the motor stops....I believe the tumbler is off track but I don't know how to get to it properly
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Martha bravos mct model # *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yrs
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The video below shows how the interior is accessed. Your dryer is the same design as the one is the video but may look different at the controls. The disassembly is the same.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The belt is not broken...the drum moves to the front and back very easily
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We did everything on video and won't spin at all
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Does the motor hum or buzz when it should be spinning?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

You have a faulty motor.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok...we have a ten year warranty on the drum and drive motor
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Excellent! They will make you use an Authorized Servicer to get take advantage of that, though. So they will charge about $150-200 for labor.