Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My Samsung washer stopped in mid cycle because a heavy load

Customer Question

My Samsung washer stopped in mid cycle because a heavy load had become lopsided. Now, the "key" light stays on. I tried a small load and all the cycles worked. BUT, the "key" light is still on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

That means the control panel is locked on most models. However, if you were able to program a cycle, that is obviously not the case. Unplug the machine for 5 minutes and plug it back in. If the key reappears illuminated, please post the model number.