Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

The Error code 23 was displaying on my Frigidaire Affinity

Customer Question

the Error code 23 was displaying on my Frigidaire Affinity washer... so i just replace the control board but the error 23 display still comes on.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: model ATFB6700FSO
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: 2008
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: yes i plan to do the work
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

That is a pump relay issue...does it display it right away?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It acts like it's going to start normal and run, then in a few seconds the whole display panel goes dark.

Yes replace the motor control board for that issue, you probably replaced the main CCU board...when it is actually a Motor Control board failure. Happens all the time.

CLICK HERE PART

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Did a little research too and one suggestion was that the drain boot and pump were clogged. So I opened it up and cleaned out a small amount of clothing fiber and one hair elastic out of both the boot and actual pump wheel. Put it all back together and it finally worked!

Was the impeller stalled on the unit? It should not throw that code if it was clogged only if the impeller was maybe jambed

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It may have been jammed but it wasn't obvious. I spun it around a few times and cleaned it out.

I would keep an eye on it and if it happens again you may need to replace the pump. Normally it should not throw an E23 code though for that issue. Keep an eye on it and have a good weekend!