Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have GE hot water heater tha a home inspector said that

Customer Question

hi Pearl I have GE hot water heater tha a home inspector said that theta heating element wasn't working? model SE80t12tah. how do you determine that?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 8 years old and the report top element did not respond?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no i am a pretty handy person.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Well the elements alternate they are never both on at the same time, but if the bottom one was on the top one is working 100% as the top one activates first and the bottom one will not energize unless the top one gets to temp and triggers the he does not know how these work and you are good to go!

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!