Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Since the thermostat isn't available I will have to buy a

Customer Question

Since the thermostat isn't available I will have to buy a whole new stove, is there any value to the old stove, which is in great condition?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: In November of last year the thermostat in the small oven went out. I have AHS and they got the thermostat rebuilt. It works fine. Then the thermostat in the big oven went out. AHS had it rebuilt and installed but it was WAY out of calibration. AHS's service provider sent it back to be recalibrated. After three months waiting AWS said the "rebuilder" wouldn't rebuild twice and that I would have to get a new $11,200.00 stove. So I'm wondering if I could get some money out of my stove to help pay for a new one. AHS said they would give me $3,000 towards a new one.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Thermidor 48" PRSE486 GLS, 18 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No. Can't
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

It is not likely that you will get much from your old range in a non working and un-repairable condition. There is a used thermostat on eBay right now, however. It is expensive but is the only one available. It may be worth trying that as eBay guarantees it works as stated or you get your money back!