Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

No power to GE microwave - JVM1190, outlet tested good,

Customer Question

No power to GE microwave - JVM1190, outlet tested good, checked 15A fuse behind panel and it shows continuity. What next ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

There are 2 more thermostat fuses to check just like you checked the 15 amp fuse. Parts 77 and 78 on the diagram in the link below are thermal fuses. If 78 is bad then you also need to replace the magneton which is part 15. Test 77 and 78 for continuity and if either one has no continuity, replace it. If they both check good, your display board just shorted and will need to be replaced.

CLICK HERE for diagram

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Info was not adequate. Please credit and cancel my account.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

I'm not sure what you mean. I can't control what fails. Have a nice day.