Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have an Whirlpool Duet washer with error codes F22, and

Customer Question

I have an Whirlpool Duet washer with error codes F22, and F28 what replacement parts should I buy?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 10 years, I'll get it
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: WFW8300SW00
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your washer today. First, F22 is a door latch error and F28 is an error meaning your main central control unit (CCU) isn't communicating properly which can give you the F22 error. If you're getting both errors and they are related, the CCU has failed and needs to be replaced. The CCU is mounted below the top panel of the washer against the right side wall in the front right corner. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model number.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?