Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Lost you! Ahain this dryer has jad this issue while...

Customer Question

Lost you!
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Ahain this dryer has jad this issue for a while... months
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Bosch nexxt 700 gas dryer
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: 07,08
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have cleared the vent, cleaned the lint filter, verified no ibstructions AnyWhere on airflow.
Is this a motherboard issue?How do i replace that?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

Will you please send me the model number? Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Bosch Nexxt 700 gas dryer
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

If the unit shows an overheat issue and the venting and filter are clear, you likely have an exhaust thermistor that will need to be replaced. What exactly is it doing? Also, I will need the complete model number from the dryer's tag, please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Model WTMC6521UC/03 | FD 8607 | 300062
SERIAL NUMBER 856070084502000623 | TYPE WAT1G
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thank you! What exactly is it doing?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Runs for 1 to 4 minutes on any cycle, stops running with 3 beeps and shows "e01"
As i stated above, i have verified that there are no obstructions, and the thermistor was replaced. What else could cause this?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The control is not getting an in range reading from the thermistor or the control is faulty. Can you measure the sensor resistance with a test meter at the board?

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

There may be an issue with the wiring between the sensor and control or the control is faulty.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
With clear instructions, yes.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Could the motherboard be faulty?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Yes, it is the board if the wiring is good from the sensor. Do you have a meter to test the sensor resistance?

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

There are two wires on the X11-2 connector on the board. Disconnect the connector from the board and measure the resistance between those two wires. It should be about 10k ohms.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not readily available. Could buy another one... but the thermistor was technician replaced. Cant imagine that is the issue, as he would check that resistance as a matter of verification?
He stated that the next option was a motherboard. At that point, i bought the set for a song.
Only, where do i find the instructions for that?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

It is not the sensor. We would be testing the wiring harness with that test. The wiring harness may have an issue that is causing the resistance to change by the time it gets to the board.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will have to get another meter.
Will be back in a few hours
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

You bet, thank you.