Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Kenmore elite model 2532602100. very time the alarm would go

Customer Question

Kenmore elite model(###) ###-#### ***** a very long time the alarm would go off every 12hrs. The freezer was still working so we just turned reset it. Today the alarm won't shut off so we had to unplug the freezer and remove everything. Tried a new battery too. Is there a way to just bypass this alarm system or do we have to replace the control panel or is it something else? The freezer is inside our home in our laundry room.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately the alarm is built into the display board itself. This is not something you can replace separately. If you're sure that the batteries are new and the freezer isn't getting too warm, you'd need to replace the control board to resolve this issue. Below is a link to the display board you'd need to order for your model number you have listed.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Will the freezer run without it? I'd like to eliminate it if possible.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

It will not unfortunately. It's all part of the control board that tells the freezer how to run. So outside of unsoldering the speaker on the board so it can't beep anymore, the board would have to be replaced.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?