Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Few days ago started noise and today looks like stop working

Customer Question

Hi Pearl ,
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Few days ago started noise and today looks like stop working and instead of displaying temperature displayed 5У and CE
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Lights inside doesn't work
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just paid your company by PayPal $28.00
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you help me
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your refrigerator today. Do you have a model number located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section so I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The model: EW23BC70IS1
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

OK perfect, thank you. This error SY CE means there is a communication error between the display board and the main control board below the refrigerator. This is a well known issue on this model unfortunately and the main control board below the refrigerator has been re-designed with a new wire harness so it can communicate better with the display board. It will need to be replaced to resolve the issue and below is a link to the new part you need which does come with instructions since it was re-designed.

CLICK HERE for control board kit

Now to access the part, just unplug the refrigerator and remove the vent panel below the freezer drawer along the bottom of the refrigerator. There is a grey plastic box that has a screw going up into the floor below the freezer that you need to unscrew and then the box pulls forward and out so you can replace it. This box contains the control board inside.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you help to fix a problem
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

I'm not sure what you mean. I just explained everything that needs to be done and gave you a link to the part you need to order and replace. Have I not already helped you fix the problem? If you're asking if I can replace the part for you, the answer is no because I live in Denver.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I mean
Do you have other way to solve this issue
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

There are not, that is why the part was re-designed the only way to fix it is to replace the kit.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?