Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Dishwasher - I purchased a new upper rack Kenmore

Customer Question

Dishwasher - I purchased a new upper rack for my Kenmore dishwasher. I would like to install it. I am unable to place the rollers on the rack into the sliding track for the upper rack. I am unable to remove the plastic ends from the sliding metal rack, in order to slide the wheels on the upper rack into this sliding metal track.
In addition, the old rack had small plastic "hooks" that attached the rack to the rollers which slide along the metal sliding rack in the dishwasher. I need to remove these older roller/hooks, since they are not needed with the new upper rack which I received today.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

What is the complete make and model off the tag on the frame of the unit? Normally the model number is ***** a tag on the frame edge when you open the door or back edge of a console.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Model number 363.15229100 Kenmore The upper rack I received is not the same as the old one I am replacing.I do not know how I am supposed to remove the old hooks/rollers from the metal sliding track, and I am unable to get the white plastic rollers on the new dishwasher rack onto the metal sliding track.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This phone is a land line. No texting. I need to talk to a real person.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Where did you send my "expert private contact info"? If you texted it, I do not do texting. This number is ***** a land line, NOT a mobile phone or a Smart phone.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is someone going to call me within the next 5 minutes?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is it possible to remove the plastic white ends from the sliding metal track?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If I do not hear from someone within 5 minutes, I am going to cancel this request.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can the technician please respond to my questions? Don't bother calling.

Your payment failed...what part number did you receive?

Your payment failed for a phone call did you still need one?