Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Matag Maxima front load washer that I can"t get the

Customer Question

I have a Matag Maxima front load washer that I can"t get the door open . When the wife started new load, she forgot to turn on the water outlets from the wall. We were on vacation. The machine is making a load mumming noise Holding the lock for three seconds does not work. There is no error code
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Maytag Maxima about 18 months old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: NA
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

You will just need to allow that cycle to time out, the pump will remain running but will eventually shut off and the door will unlock. It is not going to hurt anything to allow it to run like that. It will take about 15 minutes or so to time out. Let me know what happens.