Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Whirlpool Duet/Steam front load washer. I started

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Whirlpool Duet/Steam front load washer.
I started my load but forgot to turn on water. The washer has been turning(dry) so I turned the water on, a bit of water ran into the machine then it stopped. Now the drain keeps on going and the door light keeps on flashing. I tried to stop it, then I unplugged the machine from the wall.
When I plug the machine, the drain comes on and the door light keeps on flashing. The door is locked.
Is there anything I can do to stop it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Allow the pump to run and it should eventually shut off and the door will unlock. It is in an auto cycle that will just need to time out, it should not take too long, maybe 5 minutes or so. Let me know what happens, please.