Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Broiler on Big Oven works but oven will not heat; I can't

Customer Question

Broiler on Big Oven works but oven will not heat; I can't bake anything.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: All I can tell is that it is an Amana self cleaning Big Over approximately 10 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Husband just called from kitchen; says model is ACF3355AS if that's any help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your oven today. Since your oven still works on broil, it sounds like your bake igniter is just going out and needs to be replaced. Igniters generally last about 6-8 years normally and then they either stop working all together, or they just get weak and don't draw 3.2 amps even though they are glowing. If an igniter doesn't pull 3.2 amps, the oven gas safety valve will not open up. Now the bake igniter is mounted to the bake burner below the floor inside the oven so you'd need to pull the floor out of the oven to access the igniter for replacement. Below is a link to the igniter for your model and it costs about $65.

CLICK HERE for igniter

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?