Ezekiel
Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Repair Expert
91962359

My kitchenaid refrigerator water and ice dispenser is not

Customer Question

My kitchenaid refrigerator water and ice dispenser is not working, when I press measure fill it just beeps at me
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 4 months ago.

hi I'm Ezekiel I will be helping you today are you available there is a water valve behind the fridge at the bottom the water line connects to it is the water opened all the way at the wall

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
water is on, I'm also not getting any ice out of the door also. When you hold the temp button down for three seconds it flashes the temp and cuts off
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 4 months ago.

there should be an emblem that says hold 3 seconds to lock and unlock the panel does it have one

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
that button is working, you can see it lock and then I hold it down again and it unlocks
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 4 months ago.

also can I get a model number so I can pull up your unit

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Model number is *****
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 4 months ago.

ok great let me check

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 4 months ago.

ok what was the problem from the get go on this fridge please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Started with a leaky water filter, changed filter out worked for a little bit then started leaking again. Turned water off. Bought new filter and tried again. Now no leak but dispenser won't work. Even when you try to get ice the flapper door doesn't open up or make a sound, same with the water side. Tried to reset by unplugging unit and even changed the dispenser board which came with the board on the back so I changed them both. But still does the same thing
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 4 months ago.

there is a door switch on the freezer door press it off and on a couple of times if it doesn't work the dispenser are is dead

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 4 months ago.

check the dispenser board for a loose connection wire that may have come loose

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Did take the door switch off and tested it for continuity and it showed to be good. Also when you press the filter button some of the lights on the dispenser flash at you.
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 4 months ago.

they should not flash at all unless you have a loose connection or faulty dispenser board nothing else

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I though maybe I got a bad part but old board and new board do the same thing
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 4 months ago.

flicking lights there is bad connection or a cut in the wiring remove the dispenser panel there are two lack microswitches one for ice and the other for the water check and see that they are connected and click when pressed maybe the bracket is out of position not reaching the switches

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok I will try that and get back to you. Thank you
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 4 months ago.

please rate me high as that's how the site pays me thanks if you need further help just send me a reply

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 4 months ago.
Hi
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 4 months ago.

Any luck yet