Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We have a GE DRYER. IT is one of the modern models with

Customer Question

We have a GE DRYER. IT is one of the modern models with digital displays <e dryer). The dryer will not turn on. A tech said that we need a new memory board. He could not give us an estimate. Is this repair too expensive and I should get a new one? The dryer is only 5 years old.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

The board is likely bad for that issue and they are expensive, you may want to invest the money into a new one as the repair could run 350 dollars to get that fixed.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!