Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Check filter light comes on when you t the power button,goes

Customer Question

Check filter light comes on when you hit the power button,goes out while running gets hot and I found a lot of lint packed up at bottom of lint holder.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: LG DLE2301R it 's green a light It may be a reminder just to check the filter
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i think that I all ready did I don't really know.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I may have to contact you later if it comes on again but thank you for taking the time with me. I'm a slow hunt and peck.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

So the light that comes on is just a reminder to check the filter and clean it out before each cycle. If it stays on the entire time it's trying to run or pops up and shuts the dryer down, then you need to check the vent through your house because it means that your vent line is clogged and not allowing the air to flow properly.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.