Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Front load washer door not opening. How do I open it?

Customer Question

Samsung front loading washer door will not open. There is a light indicating “spin” and nothing else lights up. Power button is non reactive. Turn power off and on without change. Can’t find an emergency unlock device. Drain and filter are gushing water non stop. The washer is 7 years old and I cannot see the model number but the user manual indicates WF337 and WF328. Is there an emergency unlock? Wet clothes in there and I need to leave out of town.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.
to manually unlock the door, is not easy. You need to pull the washer forward, unplug the washer, and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. There is a plastic tab hanging from the bottom of the latch assembly. You need to unplug the washer and pull down on that plastic tab to manually unlock the door.
Now as for the other unit not working try to plug the washer back in and see if you can restart a cycle. If so then great. If the problem comes back then it sounds like your drain pump isn't working properly or the drain catch is clogged so try to clean out the drain filter and replace the pump if you find nothing.
If you can not restart a cycle or select a cycle at all, it sounds like your control board has just failed.