Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Have a Maytag oven in addition to other Maytag appliances. A

Customer Question

Have a Maytag oven in addition to other Maytag appliances. A weird occurrence: went to turn on oven and LOC cam on screen and no functions were available. Tapped many options but all would not start oven and even w/ clock the lock signal was in left corner and again nothing could make oven heat. All the top four tops worked perfectly. But the oven is locked. The top electronic scans were cleaned this morning. Think something might have been reset, but can not find way to REset.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

It sounds like your control panel is locked out. If you can send me your model number I can see which button you need to press and hold for 5 seconds to remove the control lock or your can look on your control panel and one of the buttons should also say control lock or have a pad lock symbol to indicate which one you need to press and hold. You can also just press and hold each button 1 at a time for 5 seconds and one of them should unlock the panel.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?