John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a KitchenAid side by side refrigerator/freezer. "Out

Customer Question

I have a KitchenAid side by side refrigerator/freezer. "Out of the blue" one day it failed to produce ice (after my having removed the total ice bin to dump it.) We can get water in the door.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer:'re fast! I bought it in Feb. of 2007. Model number is *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm a girl and my fixing abilities are quite limited. :)
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you open the door first, look at the red light to the right, is it flashing 2 times and then pausing over and over? If you shut the flap on the left side and make a clear path from right to left, does the light turn solid?

OK, now look inside the icemaker itself, is there any ice or water in the icemaker mold? There are white fingers that push the ice out of the icemaker mold, what direction are they facing? Are they above the horizon or below? Pointing forward or backwards?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?