Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My GE Profile Performance Model#TNS22PRCBLBS year 2000 is

Customer Question

My GE Profile Performance Model#TNS22PRCBLBS year 2000 is leaking.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: GE Profile Performance Model#TNS22PRCBLBS year 2000
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes, the ice maker was removed about two years ago
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Can you tell me where exactly you see the water collecting or leaking from and how often?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Tyler the water seems to be coming from the back, seeping down onto the floor. There is a tube that runs the lengeth of the fridge that it seems to be coming from.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
A constant leak
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Can you describe the tube? Is it a clear/white 3/8" plastic tube or is it a 1" black plastic tube?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Let's start here. Thanks. Please send me your suggestion. Do you have the model & serial #?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is 3/8th white plastic going into a black coupling. Thewater is leaking from the top of this tube, which runs north south on back left side of fridge
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just sent a picture
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

OK perfect thank you for the picture. This is the water line that used to go to the icemaker. Unfortunately your electronic water valve is no longer sealing up properly so even though the icemaker isn't in use, the valve would either need to be replaced or you'd need to turn water off to the refrigerator from your house to stop water from getting to your refrigerator. Below is a link to the valve that would need to be replaced for your model. If you follow that water line down to the bottom of your refrigerator you'll see the valve.

CLICK HERE for valve

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The water is off - we will have order the valve. Is there a video showing how this is replaced?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

There is no video for your exact model number but below is a video for your valve being replaced on a different model. The part that you are replacing is the exact same part number as the one in the video.

CLICK HERE for valve

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?