Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

How do you replace the pedal spring on a Sanitaire S670B

Customer Question

How do you replace the pedal spring on a Sanitaire S670B vacuum, and a S540 Sanitaire? There is no evident place for the spring to attach on the pedal and especially on the vacuum body itself.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you

The attached page shows the breakdown of parts for that model. Can you post a picture of the pedal area so I can see what you do? I have not had that specific model apart but did not want your request to go unanswered.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
A photo can be found on ebay but even that may not be big enough. The pedal is held in place by a spring but there is no obvious place the spring attaches to the pedal or the base. The schematic you sent I am afraid doesn't help because it is too small and does not have enough detail.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

I will place your question back to the list. Perhaps another has worked on this exact model and can be of more help.