Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Lg washer model wt5070cw leaks water from the top ween

Customer Question

Lg washer model wt5070cw leaks water from the top ween bleach dispenser fills with water. Checked bleach and detergent dispensers and hoses for blockages and keaks and nothing was found. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

If water leaks only when the bleach dispenser is activated, either the dispenser is clogged so you want to take it apart and clean, or the hose between the valve and dispenser cup is cut/loose, or the valve assembly inside the control panel has a leaking solenoid and the valve needs to be replaced. I would fill up the bleach dispenser with a large pitcher and just fill it up and see if it starts leaking. If so then you know it's clogged. If it doesn't leak then take the top panel of the washer off and hinge it backwards so you can inspect the hose between the bleach dispenser and the valve. If all that checks good, start the wash and leave the top cracked open so you can peer inside and see exactly where it's leaking. To remove the top panel, there are 2 hidden metal spring clips in the seem between the top panel and the front panel. Use a putty knife and push back on these hidden metal spring clips. Then the top panel will hinge up and backwards.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Tyler
Thanks for the quick response. I have already checked that and everything is clear. I thought it might be an issue with water pressure but lowering the pressure didn't change a thing either at this point don't know what is causing the problem I would appreciate more help
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

I'm not sure what more I can tell you that I haven't already told you. If you have done what I stated then you have run a cycle with the top panel cracked open so you can see where it's leaking. That would tell you what your problem is. If you have a bad hose, then replace the hose. If you have a bad water valve, then replace the valve.

This is all assuming that your check with the dispenser is correct and it really is clear and draining into the tub properly.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?