Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Compact fridge stopped getting cold. model LFPH40M4NB1,

Customer Question

compact fridge stopped getting cold. model LFPH40M4NB1, serial 8A31801968. Need help to get it going again.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Is the unit running at all? Do you hear it running or is the unit 100% silent?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
silent
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

OK if the unit is silent and you're sure you have power getting to the refrigerator, your thermostat has just failed and isn't telling the unit to come on anymore. This is the part that your knob attaches to which you turn to adjust the temperature. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model number.

CLICK HERE for thermostat

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
why do l have to pay another $24 to call the technician. That should have been disclosed from the very beginning instead of charging $28 and then another $24 to chat with the technician. It is not right to go around the customer for more charges.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
silent, please give me a sensible answer or please get my money back to my credit card. So far, l have not gotten an answer, but a question whether it is running at all or 100% silent. Why would l contact for help if it is running?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

It's just an option that the site offers (I didn't sent that to you), yes it's an additional $24 if you wanted to speak by phone since it's 1 on 1 time. The $28 is to chat like we are doing now so if you didn't want to do the phone call then just ignore it.

As for your answer I already gave it to you. Perhaps you didn't read it so I'll send it again.

QUOTE:

CLICK HERE for thermostat

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
email me your answer here please. l did not authorize to pay another $24 to chat with a technician. after already paying $28 with no answer.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
where is your answer? l need to know ASAP.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Yes, I see you have declined the phone call. The total is just $28. I can't send an E-mail to you until after you rate me but I can send you the answer here again.

QUOTE:

CLICK HERE for thermostat

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?