Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

DLEX8000W WON'T START....tried LG's suggestion's of reset

Customer Question

DLEX8000W WON'T START....tried LG's suggestion's of reset after power off by pressing and holding start button, tried door switch, thermo fuse, checked for power at board, checked belt in tact. No success thus far,
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Is there power to the user interface and when you checked was there power to the main board?

first you will need to do the tests listed on the sheet below

click here for instructions

If all that checks out then replace the motor otherwise replace whatever you find to be at fault on tests.

Let me know if you have any questions, also I do have the service manual for the DLEX gas and electric LG models if you want it I will offer it as well in case you need it.

In the meantime please read below

*******************************************************************************

Please Note: The only way I get compensated for my time helping you is if you rate the answer!

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There is power at the user interface and at the main board.

ok then you will need to do the tests on the instruction sheet I sent to determine what is at fault.

In case you did not see it here it is

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you making any progress?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The problem with the Dryer ended up being a broken wire at the motor overload connection. This is a blue wire on the connector in front of the main power connector going to the motor. It is necessary to remove the front panel of the unit to gain access to this connector, I was not able to get to it through the exhaust vent hole in the back. While there, I also checked the fuse that this wire goes to to insure it was still good before reassembling. The repair took 10 minutes, removing the cover and reinstalling takes about 45 minutes to an hour. There is a You Tube Video available for disassembling the dryer for easier instructions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b74Mt5sSgRI
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Click the video for Dryer Thermal Fuse replacement for instructions on how to disassemble unit from Repair Clinic. I found the problem after checking the door switch and the thermal fuse (which is accessible by removing the exhaust tube from the back of the unit.

good glad you found the issue and got it fixed, please remember to rate the answer, thanks.