Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Whirlpool refrigerator acting like freezer, temp switch 1/8"

Customer Question

whirlpool refrigerator acting like freezer , temp switch 1/8" from off , switch clicks when moved to a new settingModel EL877TRRRv-06 ser# *****(###) ###-####
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

There are many things which can cause the refrigerator to be too warm, but the only thing that can cause the refrigerator to get too cold is the thermostat itself. Unfortunately you'll need to order and replace the thermostat to fix this issue. The thermostat part number you'll need is WPW10424991 and it costs about $70 or so. There are no adjustments to the thermostat unfortunately.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?