Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I start our model PVM 1870, it runs couple of seconds, then

Customer Question

I start our model PVM 1870, it runs for a couple of seconds, then stops, no readout I n screen, then a few seconds latter message screen comes back on with a message, lost power, check food.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your microwave today. Your issue means that microwaves are escaping and confusing the control board or the control board is just bad. You can try replacing the control board and often times that will fix the problem as many times control boards become less resilient to microwaves, or you can try something else. Sometimes if you place a sheet of aluminum foil inside a sandwich plastic bag and place it BEHIND the control panel between all internal components and the control board itself this will stop enough of the microwaves from interfering with the control board. If that works, you really should replace the magnetron because it's leaking small amounts of microwaves. If placing the foils behind the board doesn't work, then replace the control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I received the answer that expected. Either an expensive repaire and still an 8 year old machine or a new micro wave. Thanks for the quick reply. I have no other need for your services. Do not make any additional charges to my credit card.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Alright I'm sorry about the bad news today however. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?