Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My oven has the error code F8E0 and looking to see if I can

Customer Question

My oven has the error code F8E0 and looking to see if I can correct the isse
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: issue its less then 3yrs old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if I can I wouldn't think that something would go wrong with a whirlpool product in less then 3yrs and I don't use it to often
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nope thats about it. has worked fine never had any issue
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
WEE730H0DS0
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

The F8 E0 error means that the cooling fan is moving too slow. It could be a problem with the fan, the sensor that monitors the fan speed, the oven control or the wiring between those components. Do you have a meter to perform any testing with and are you comfortable testing live electrical circuits?

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

See page 11 of the attached tech sheet.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok thank you! I will try it.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Let me know what you find. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

The most likely to fail is the speed sensor. It is part of the fan assembly available below.

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!