Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Fridgedare deep freezer door was left open a bit few days

Customer Question

My Fridgedare deep freezer door was left open a bit for a few days and now isn't working.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. You'll want to unplug the unit for 24 hours and make sure everything thaws out in case too much frost built up due to the door being left open. After everything has thawed out, plug the unit back in and see if it works like normal again. If it doesn't, the compressor was over worked and isn't as efficient anymore due to overheating so the compressor would need to be replaced which is about $650 and probably not work fixing but that is completely up to you.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?