Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a NGD7200TW amana gas dryer it's flashing a E5 error

Customer Question

hi i have a NGD7200TW amana gas dryer it's flashing a E5 error code
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: the exact model is that NGD7200TW S/N 10494753NT i checked the continuity on both the themal fuse and thermister and we had continuity
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

The error code you're code means that your thermistor sensor is bad. Test resistance of the thermistor. It should be 10,000 ohms at room temperature. If not, then replace the thermistor. If it checks good the main control board will need to be replaced to resolve the issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i cleared the error code in mantinance mode it started for a couple of minutes
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Understood, but unfortunately that doesn't tell you which one is faulty. It's still either a bad thermistor or control board.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?