Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Have a LSN240HE about 5 years old. Very low usage in a rec

Customer Question

Have a LSN240HE about 5 years old. Very low usage in a rec room.
Was working fine - stopped blowing cool air. Cleaned the inside filters and then checked the unit outside and noticed the fan was not running. Gave it a spin and away it went - air got cool for a while. Air got warm again, went out and the fan was not running again. Fan would not run again, regardless of trying to spin it. Came back a day later - same deal, blowing warm air & was able to spin the fan and away it went. After 10 0r 15 minutes fan stopped running again. What do you think?
Unit is very clean, no debris or obstructions. I'm capable of testing the unit with a volt meter.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

Normally this is a control board issue not running the compressor. Unplug the unit and hold the POWER button down while plugging it back in. If it does not reset replace the control board on the unit.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This unit is 220V inside and outside unit

Is the compressor running on the unit and is the evaporator cold or frosted?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not sure, it seem to work properly if the fan operates. When the fan stops, the air becomes warm

OK is it just shutting down too soon?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
if the unit is off and I turn it on, the air will be warm. If I go to the outside unit and spin the fan, the fan will run and the air will become cold.

So you have to jump start the fan to make it run?