Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The washer has been working but now will not turn on. Is

Customer Question

The washer has been working but now will not turn on. Is there a fuse or something that can be checked?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you and see what can cause your washer to be completely dead?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Model # ***** *****
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Tyler, are you still there?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Ok perfect. So unfortunately there is no fuse on this model. If the unit is completely dead, either the main power control board has failed or the noise filter is shorted out. You'll need to take the control panel apart and follow the power cord in through the back of the washer. The power cord connects directly to the noise filter and then from the noise filter it goes to the main power control board. Make sure you have 110 volts going into and OUT of the noise filter. If you don't have 110 volts going out, then replace the noise filter. If you do have 110 volts coming out of the noise filter, replace the main control board. Below is a link to both parts.

CLICK HERE for noise filter

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Well, not an electrician or mechically inclined
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

You may need to have a technician fix this issue then if you're sure it's getting power. You can run an extension cord to an outlet you know is working to make sure it's getting power. If so, then one of those 2 parts would have to be replaced to fix the issue I'm sorry to say.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?