Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dishwasher leaves tiny food particles all over the clean

Customer Question

My dishwasher leaves tiny food particles all over the clean dishes. they look clean, but feel like sandpaper. what would be clogged or not working?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

If everything looks clean, it sounds like the dishwasher is actually working, there is just an issue with the detergent or the dishwasher itself needs cleaning. I would run an empty cycle with a product called Dishwasher Magic. This will clean everything out in the dishwasher and remove all hard water build up and anything else in the sump and hoses and places you can't reach by taking the unit apart. You can get this product online or at Lowes. Other than that, if you still have problem change detergents and rinse agent. I suggest using Electrasol tablets with Jet Dry Turbo rinse agent for best results.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your timely response. That product has already been used, as well as jet dry turbo. and electrosol and another brand. there is no improvement.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

The residue that is on the dishes will need to be hand scrubbed off using white vinegar because the residue bakes onto the dishes and won't come off under normal dishwasher spraying. Once they are clean if you are tried Dishwasher Magic as well as Jet Dry Turbo then I would say it's time to get a new dishwasher because there is really nothing else you can do to get the unit to wash better since the pump is definitely working or the dishes wouldn't appear to be clean visually.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?