Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have an LG dishwasher and am getting an E01 error. I know

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I have an LG dishwasher and am getting an E01 error. I know it means its a water issue. I checked the inlet tap and the pressure is fine.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: just a moment please
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I will ask my son. He is doing his final year as an electrical engineer so I'm sure he should be able to fix it if he knows what to look for.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: im just looking for the model number
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your dishwasher today. E01 does mean there is a water issue but not exactly what you think. You're looking at the inlet tap and pressure but that has nothing to do with the problem. This issue actually means you have a leaking error. Some of the older LG models used to show an LE error, now the newer ones show an E01. Either way, you'll need to check the wire harness going through the door to make sure one of the wires didn't short out and if that all checks good, uninstall the entire dishwasher and remove the bottom access panel to look for a leak. Below is a video that shows you the process.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?