Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I'm trying to remove the freezer door on my mod. 106 kenmore

Customer Question

I'm trying to remove the freezer door on my mod. 106 kenmore side by side. There is a water hose feeding the water dispenser at the bottom of the door. How do I disconnect it.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Yes, the exact mod. is 106.56576400
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, just the freezer door issue.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your refrigerator. If you remove the kick panel below the door, you'll see the water line goes through the bottom door hinge and under the freezer. There is a plastic coupler just behind the bottom kick panel. To disconnect the water line from the coupler, push toward the coupler on the plastic ring where the hose connects to the coupler. Then pull out on the water line. It's sort of like a Chinese finger trap.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?