Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

My dishwasher shuts off and display shows E24.

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 3 months ago.

The error code e24 is usually a drain error code but can be quite a few different things its kind of a generic error code.

Sometimes these units throw up false errors and by killing the power / turning the breaker off for ten minutes and turning it back on will reset the board. This usually will fix the problem.

If you continue to keep getting this error first thing you need to do is check your drain make sure its draining properly. Make sure filters are not stopped up and the check valve which is usually white in color and located in the bottom of your tub on the side wall is in place.

If those things check out ok, check your drain hose for kinks or clogs.The next thing to check would be the drain pump itself, when you press the cancel button can you here the pump running? If not you need to check for power to the drain pump there should be 120v.

If the pump checks out ok you need to check voltage to the water valve solenoid. If you have voltage to the water valve but water does not come into the machine and the screens are clear then you have a bad water valve. If there is no voltage to either of those parts when there should be then you have a bad control board.

If all that check out ok then If those both check out you will need to replace the circulation motor.

Please Note: The only way I get compensated for my time helping you is if you rate the answer!

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?