Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a spectra stove ..model #JGBP28BEA3WH....AND THE 2

Customer Question

I have a spectra stove ..model #JGBP28BEA3WH....AND THE 2 FRONT BURNERS do not ignite and the smell of gas is strong quickly.Doug
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your stove today. First, can you light the front 2 burners with a match or a grill lighter?

If so, then when you turn the front 2 burners on, do you hear them clicking or is it silent other than the sound of gas flowing?

Lastly, if you hear it clicking and you look closely at the spark tip at each burner, do you see them sparking when it clicks?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
they go on when holding a match. It makes the clicking sound but I SEE NO SPARK
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

OK perfect. Try to clean the spark tips with fine sand paper until it shines in case there is too much build up on the igniter tip preventing it from sparking. If it still won't actually make a spark, then either the spark tips have failed which means the ceramic is cracked somewhere so you'll want to inspect for cracks, or it means that your spark module has failed and isn't sending a spark to those 2 burners. Below is a link to the spark module for your unit.

CLICK HERE for spark module

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Tyler, after she cleaned the stove the burners were not put back right....I just figured it out...they work fine now
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Awesome, I'm glad it's all back to working again.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There is no fee is there Tyler?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

The charge for the question is $28.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay....Thanks Tyler
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

no problem and good luck to you and glad it's working again.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?