Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

On my kitchenware dishwasher the NORMAL light is blinking.

Customer Question

On my kitchenware dishwasher the NORMAL light is blinking. When I giving the HI TEMP and ENERGY saver buttons did not help
JA: I'm trying to find the right Appliance Technician for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: Thanks
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: Kitchen Aid(###) ###-####
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your dishwasher today. Unfortunately this issue can't just be reset. The normal light blinking means that your dishwasher thinks the normal button is stuck or shorted. Try to flip the breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher. Then heat up the touchpad with a hair dryer and rub your thumb over the button. Let the touchpad cool and then re-apply power. If it still acts up, the entire touch control panel would need to be ordered and replaced and the part is usually about $130 or so.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This did not work
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

I'm not sure what you mean. You couldn't have possibly replaced the touchpad which is what I stated you will likely need to do to fix the problem. Trying to heat up the touchpad is just something to try and sometimes it works and you can avoid replacing the touchpad, but as I said when I first responded---"this issue can't just be reset". The touchpad has failed and need to be replaced.