Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a 106.89482701 serial num ey1409463 that has quit

Customer Question

i have a 106.89482701 serial num ey1409463 that has quit making ice if you unplug the unit and try again the next morning it makes 10 or so peices and then it quits and just runs water i try to clean it but had no sucess any sugestions
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Make sure the fan down near the compressor is running and the coils below the icemaker are clean and not packed with dust and lint. If that all checks good, you just low freon or an inefficient compressor because it's only working if you allow the unit to cool down completely when it's running really efficiently. After that, the chill plate can't get cold enough to freeze the water properly which is why the water just keeps recirculating over the plate. These type of sealed system issues are very expensive to repair and not something you can d yourself. If you wanted to fix the issue you'd be looking at a minimum of $450 if it wasn't just the fan or too much dust/lint build up.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.