Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore

I love Maytags, this is my 3rd one, only because I lost one

Customer Question

I love Maytags, this is my 3rd one, only because I lost one in a flood and had to revert to electric. I have had Maytags since 1960 and will not change. I don't have a real serious problem, mine is sort of silly. How do I get gum stuck to my dryer drum off? I was on Nicorettes at the time and I quit smoking with the gum. What can I use to get the gum out. Thank you Ruby Hamel
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 3 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. If the gum is all in one spot you can use an icecube to harden it and pull it off. I suspect it is more of a mess so the next thing to try is peanut butter. Let it soak and it will begin to soften the gum so it comes off. The last resort is either Goo Gone or Goof Off. Both of the last two need to be followed by soap and water cleaning to remove the residue and smell. Run a load of old clothes or rags the first load after doing this.

How did you do? Do you have an update?