Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

All of a sudden my burners shut off. now i unnpluged it and

Customer Question

all of a sudden my burners shut off. now i unnpluged it and all it says is is f9 please help whatdo i do to get my oven and range to work?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

F9 means that your oven latch has failed and it's not sure if the oven is in self clean or not. The unit will not work on either burners or the oven until the latch is recognizes as being in the proper position. Try to unplug the oven and wiggle the door latch hook if the door will open just in case the latch is stuck. If that doesn't work, the latch will need to be replaced I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?