Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a kitchen aide side by side fridge. The fridge was

Customer Question

i have a kitchen aide side by side fridge. The fridge was running too warm and the freezer is fine. I pressed the cooling on off button and now it won't go back on. It tries but makes a high pitched noise and turns off again
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: never done this before. KitchenAid model kssc42qvs01
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it's a simple fix but we have a fridge full of food that is gonna go bad
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The compressor will need to equalize pressure before it will start. Turn it off for 30 minutes and then back on and it should start.

Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Don't hear a fan running but it's got frost and is as cold as always. The fridge was making a noise for a few days and it's the same noise I hear when I try and turn the control panel back on.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I pressed the cooling on/off button and when I tried to turn it on again it won't.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Is the fan in the freezer running?

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Any noise in the freezer at all?

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Where is the noise you are hearing coming from?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The noise comes from the control panel in the fridge
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I hit call me by accident
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It won't turn back on when I hit the on off button on the control panel inside the fridge. I sent you a pic of the panel I'm talking about.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

The control system for that unit has failed. It has been updated with a new kit which comes with all parts and instructions. That kit is available below.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
we are screwed now because the freezer and fridge are out right?
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Probably. You can try unplugging it for an hour or so to see if the control will reset but I would replace it even if it comes back to life.

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Dry ice will keep the food at temperature until you get the kit.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

You bet, thank you.