John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a Kenmore side by side refrig. about 1 and a half

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore side by side refrig. about 1 and a half years old. Model(###) ###-#### The refrig. stopped running and both sides defrosted the food. I noticed it first when the ice started to melt and water came out the water dispenser area. On a whim, I turned both cold control knobs on the inside of the door to off and then turned them back on. The compressor began to run again, as usual very quiet, and now the cooling is back to normal. But I suspect that when it gets to the set temperature and it turns off (maybe the defrost cycle??:) that it might not start up again. You advice would be appreciated.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Can you please post the rest of the model number? It is missing the last 4 digits.