John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Dryer does not start. (kenmore he5 steam). I just cleaned

Customer Question

dryer does not start. (kenmore he5 steam). I just cleaned out tons of lint from the collection unit, and below. Now sensing/revised time light comes on
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3 years Kenmore smartheat Steamcare quietpak 9 HE5 Steam
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I not extensive yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: check lint red light comes on although everything is spotless
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

1. When you start the dryer, even though the motor doe snot start, do you hear a click from the control area?
  2. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?