Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have replaced my paddles several times and made sure that

Customer Question

I have replaced my paddles several times and made sure that it is not over loaded. I do not wash shoes or rugs in it. Also I have used the screws as well
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

1. Are the paddles breaking or what issue are you having with them?
  2. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The tabs on the paddles are breaking. Model GHW9300PW4
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Does the drum tabs seem to be okay and not bent, putting stress on them when they are slid into place?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
When I pop the paddles in place they feel secure and ok. Also I put the screw in place to hold them. If it was one particular paddle would be one thing but I have replaced all 3 paddles 3 different times
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Does the drum seem to turn easily without hitting or scraping?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It turns freely
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hmm, that is pretty odd. Beyond the obvious (extreme loads, etc), I am not sure what would cause them to break so often. They have a one year warranty from the manufacturer. Are they failing more often than that?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have changed them out 4 times in one year. There is no slack in them when I install them. Tight fit. I just check another one and now it's about to break too
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Holy cow, that is definitely not normal. Does the tub move up and down at all and is it noisy when it spins?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Normally I fix all my on stuff and don't have any problems lol but this has been the death of me. It's not rubbing or grinding or doesn't feel like obsessive slack in the drum
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe something is breaking down the plastic. Do the broken stubs look to be stressed, like white color when plastic bends right before it breaks?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No white signs where it breaks just clean breaks
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

I am not sure. There are no service pointers going back to inception of this design and I have not run across this first hand. I am going to place your question back to the list in case another has.