Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Error code on whirlpool accubake oven f5 e1. Lock symbol on

Customer Question

Error code on whirlpool accubake oven f5 e1. Lock symbol on and want to cancel so we can heat over for food. Don't want to do self clean but it is stuck. We have unplugged and tried to reset. Still get error code f5
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

F5 E1 means that your oven door latch has failed and it won't move the latch or one of the switches on the latch won't send the correct signal to the control board to tell the oven that it has moved to the open position. Either way, try to wiggle the latch hook above the door way in case it's stuck. If that doesn't work, the latch would need to be replaced before you can use the oven I'm afraid to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?