Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Washing machine code 5e showing up, Samsung wf42h5000aw/a2,

Customer Question

Washing machine code 5e showing up
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Samsung wf42h5000aw/a2
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'm going to try
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I need to figure out how to get it in quick test mode
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your washer today. This error 5e means that your touch control panel has a stuck button. Rub all the buttons with your thumb and unplug the washer to see if you can unstick any of the buttons. If that doesn't work, heat up the touch pad with a hair dryer and rub over the buttons with your thumb again. Plug the unit back in and if it's still acting up, you'd need to replace the touch control panel I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is saying in the manual that 5e means the washer does not drain and may detect a small clog while draining
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

I apologize. Your unit is an a2 series which didn't pull up when I entered your model number but you are correct this is a drain issue. For this you'll need to unplug the washer and remove the lower front left access panel to expose the 3" diameter drain catch. You will need to unscrew this drain catch to check for a blockage behind it but be careful because when you unscrew it all the water in the tub will come pouring out so have a wet vac or lots of towels ready. Remove any debris you find and try the washer again. If it still acts up when you re-assemble the unit, then you need to replace the drain pump.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?